background

Saturday 9 June 2012

Gardener's Soap with Poppy Seeds


My Gardener's Soap has been a big hit at fairs but i felt  it needed a change.  The original soap was scented with lavender, rosemary, tea tree and lemongrass essential oils and i added calendula leaves for its soothing properties and yellow strandy appearance.  I had also added pumice to my last few batches but the gritty sandy texture i wasn't keen on.

My new 'Gardener's Soap' is scented with lavender & rosemary essential oils, its a real refreshing scent which I'm loving.  I was unsure on the colour...light brown or green, so i went with green since its more of a garden colour, and it was achieved using green clay.  Poppy seeds were added for a nice gentle scrub, its one of my favourite natural exfoliators that i love using in soaps, and i have had lots of positive feedback on the poppy exfoliating soaps.

During curing the tops were slightly white with soda ash so i immersed the tops into a bowl of boiling water to dissolve any whiteness and this also gave them their shiny appearance.

Gardeners soap has fully cured and is listed in my Folksy shop






No comments:

Post a Comment